Blanco United Methodist Church was organized with six charter members in 1854 and was served by a Methodist circuit rider, Daniel Rawls. Services were initially held in a log cabin, including members of other denominations. In 1871, this group erected a building for their worship services and called it the Union Church.
In 1882, the Methodists decided to erect their own building and on October 3, 1883, a quarterly conference was held to dedicate that church, the original portion of our present church building. Numerous additions and remodeling projects have occurred throughout the years to meet the needs of the congregation. In 1967, BUMC received a historical medallion, which gives recognition and remembrance to all its past generations.